With the delivery of the Australian Curriculum in mind, discover pedagogical problem-based learning approaches within classroom and school settings and numerous ways to reflect upon your own professional learning objectives.
Informed by the latest research, this postgraduate course for pre-service teachers includes 60 days of professional experience within Canberra region secondary schools.
Like all Teacher Quality Institute (TQI) accredited education programs, UC’s Master of Secondary Teaching requires students to successfully complete a Professional Experience component and pass the moderated Teaching Performance Assessment (TPA) that takes place within a school.
Study the Master of Secondary Teaching at University of Canberra and you will:
- master the skills required for lesson planning and effective teaching and learning
- critically reflect on the ways in which educational theory and research informs teaching practice
- develop effective ways to collaborate as part of a team and interpret evidence and data
- increase your ability to reason and make evidence-based decisions
- empower learners with your strong subject and pedagogical knowledge
- establish and maintain ethical and respectful relationships with students, colleagues and parents
- promote participation and inclusion and develop the strengths and needs of students from diverse cultural, linguistic, religious and socio-economic backgrounds
- strengthen your professional leadership
- engage with schools in the Canberra region and build your own network of experienced professional and mentors
A UC Master of Secondary Teaching degree is an accredited qualification and offers graduates the chance to acquire the skills needed to pursue a career in teaching and a pathway to a range of other lifelong learning careers.
Graduates can work in such roles as:
- secondary school teacher
- relief teacher
- adult educator
- children’s author
- curriculum adviser
This course is registered by the ACT Teacher Quality Institute (TQI) and recognised as a teaching qualification throughout Australia.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Curriculum and Assessment in Secondary Education
- Learning and Development in Secondary Education
- Indigenous Teaching and Learning Perspectives in Secondary Education
- Using Data to Improve Learning
- Education for Diversity in Secondary Education
- The Professional Practice of Teaching
- Positive Learning Environments in Secondary Education
- Information and Communication Technology Literacy in Secondary Education
- Professional Practice Capstone Project Secondary Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 180 other Masters in Education in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrants to graduate entry programs have a discipline-specific bachelor or equivalent qualification relevant to the Australian Curriculum or other recognised areas of schooling provision including at least a major study in one teaching area and, preferably, a second teaching area comprising at least a minor study.
CRICOS Code: 097655C
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29000 AUD per year during 24 months.
National20000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 AUD per year during 24 months.
- The indicative CSP Student Contribution Amount for this course is $4,000
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.