Music has the ability to move people, physically and emotionally, and music technologies are unique in their focus on providing high-quality aesthetic experiences.
- Speaking with others through cables is not the same as meeting face to face, and playing music through screens and speakers is different from being in a real club setting.
- In the Music, Communication and Technology (MCT) Master's programme from Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) you will explore the possibilities (and limitations) of existing audiovisual communication, and will learn to develop new technologies, with a musical touch.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Collaboration in our global world must be sustainable. In order to reduce the environmental footprint of travel we must manage with fewer physical meetings, but without compromising the richness of communication between people.
- This is a fundamental motivation for the MCT master’s programme.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Music View 3 other Masters in Communication Sciences in Norway
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A first degree (a bachelor's degree) in a relevant field.
- English proficiency.
- Excellent academic performance: A minimum requirement for admission to all programmes is the grade C or better on the ECTS scale. Note that admission is highly competitive.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- There are no tuition fees at NTNU.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.