Graduates of the Food Science programme at Lithuanian University of Health Sciences get competences in human resource management, organisation of production process and confidence for quick self-adjustment to continuously changing market.
Graduates are able to
- Use food production, catering, preserving and packaging technologies.
- Apply the knowledge in food development on the principles of a balanced nutrition. Select most suitable food raw materials and their recycling and recovery methods through a sustainable production concept.
- Ensure the quality of food products and raw materials.
After graduation you can:
- Establish own business in catering, food production;
- Work in biotechnology sector related companies;
- Be employed at food factories as a Master of production, technologist; quality manager, supervisor of product development, project manager in food and agriculture related organizations, production supervisor, food quality inspector;
- Food safety control sector or Agri-food consulting services
- Food Biotechnology;
- Formation of toxic compounds during the food processing;
- Organisation of food research,
- Quality management and assurance;
- Nutrition and health;
- Applied statistics;
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International students could be admitted into the English programme of the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences if they provide the legalized high school or college certificate and transcript (officially translated into English) and meet the Entrance Exam requirements (see Entrance Exam).
- Good grades in biology, chemistry and physics will give preference. Good knowledge of the English language is obligatory (see below the list of 'Items to be submitted').
International4920 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4920 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4920 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4920 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.