Naval Architects are Naval engineers who design and construct vessels such as ships, yachts, powerboats, fishing boats, barges, war ships, cruise ships, ice breakers and even submarines.
The curriculum of the Naval Architecture program of the National University of Sciences and Technology has been designed to provide knowledge in all core areas of field of Naval Architecture such as Marine Hydrodynamics, Marine Structure and Advanced Marine Dynamics. Students also undertake a comprehensive ship design exercise as a group project to learn to carryout concept studies in ship designing. During design exercise, special emphasis is given on inculcating interpersonal and team skills so that they may be easily integrated into industrial ship design teams.
To nurture and develop the abilities of young minds in the field of ship designing. The curriculum is designed to provide the necessary knowledge and skills in naval architecture theory, analysis and design procedures, as applied to naval and merchant ships, so that students may be easily integrated into industrial ship design teams. The Naval Architects graduated from this programme can meet real time challenges of the industry by demonstrating their competencies in learned methodologies and skills while appreciating the global and societal impact of the discipline through exposure of contemporary issues.
- Marine Hydrodynamics
- Marine Structures
- Advanced Marine Dynamics
- Computational Fluid Dynamics and Marine Applications
- Advanced Marine Materials
- Advanced Marine Fabrication Methods
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at National University of Sciences and Technology and/or in Pakistan, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- BE in Naval Architecture / Mechanical / Electrical / Civil / Aerospace / Avionics Engineering or any other related Engineering discipline
- Sixteen years of schooling or 4 years education after HSSC/A' Level in relevant discipline with minimum CGPA of 2.0 out of 4.0 OR 55% marks (percentage will only be considered if CGPA is not mentioned on the transcript)
- GAT (General) conducted on or after 01 August 2018 by NTS with at least 50 accumulative test score or Higher Education Apptitude Test (HAT) conducted by HEC in or after March 2019 with atleast 50 accumulative test score or GRE (General) conducted by ETS, USA
International790 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 790 USD per year during 18 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 18 months.
National students: 88,500 PKR (per semester)
Living costs for Islamabad
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.