During the Social Research (Business) programme offered by the University of Birmingham, you will acquire a general overview of the philosophy of social research, and understand how this informs research design, methods of data collection and analysis.
You will also develop an ability to use a range of research methods, to communicate research findings effectively and an understanding of the potential use of and impact of your research within and beyond academia.
Learning and Teaching
This MA is recognised by the ESRC for the provision of research methods training as Year 1 of a '1+3' programme of doctoral study. It is also available as a stand-alone Masters. Home/EU students may enter into a departmental competition to be nominated for the ESRC open competition for '1+3' or '+3' funding (the '1+3' award covers the MA and provides three years' further funding for PhD research; for '+3' funding you must already have an ESRC-recognised research methods MA degree or equivalent).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Philosophy of Social Science Research
- Research Design, Practice and Ethics
- Fundamentals in Quantitative Research Methods
- Foundations in Qualitative Research
- Advanced Qualitative Data Analysis
- Analysing Hierarchical and Panel Data
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
- Deadline passed, National
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Sociology Philosophy & Ethics View 684 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
International19170 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19170 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- International students can often gain funding through overseas research scholarships, Commonwealth scholarships or their home government
- The government-backed student loans will provide up to £10,000 for taught and research Masters courses in all subject areas
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.