The Private Law program at Qatar University is committed to graduate students who are entrusted with the highest academic standards and the necessary values to meet society’s needs in legal practice and research in a most professional and ethical conduct. It aims at enhancing the level of competency of private law practitioners whether that be judges or civil servants.
The objectives of the program are as follows:
- To provide in-depth and focused program to students looking to specialize in particular fields of law.
- To enable students to have more advanced knowledge and critical thinking abilities of Private law related subjects.
- To prepare excellent students towards possible academic career.
- To enable students with the professional skills needed for senior governmental and business or professional roles.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Modernized Contracts
- International Private Law
- International Commercial Arbitration
- International Banking Operations
- Comparative Civil Law
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaster of Laws (LLM)
- Completed a Bachelor Degree in Law from Qatar University or from a university or college accredited by an international accrediting association or by the Ministry of Higher Education or equivalent in that country, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.80 out of 4.00 or equivalent.
- Applicants graduating from other universities will need to pass an equivalency evaluation by an ad hoc committee that stands for this purpose.
- A satisfactory performance in the personal interview with the Admission Committee.
International458 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 458 EUR per credit during 24 months.
National458 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 458 EUR per credit during 24 months.
- National and International Students: 2000 QAR
Living costs for Doha
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.