The Master of Science in Applied Behavior Analysis offers courses of study students can apply toward advanced degrees or toward careers as Board Certified Behavior Analysts.
The mission of Western Connecticut State University’s ABA program is to provide high-quality behavior analytic instruction to practitioners. We offer courses with advanced online technology in an academic environment dedicated to education and research.
Program learning goals and objectives
Students will be able to demonstrate mastery of the knowledge of the basic skills, underlying principles of applied behavior analysis. In addition, students will demonstrate mastery of the knowledge of the application of practice-oriented skills in applied behavior analysis.
The goal of the program is to provide instruction such that students are professionally competent and proficient in all areas of the Behavior Analyst Certification Board and such that students are prepared the Board Certified Behavior Analyst Certification Examination provided by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board.
- Use assistive technology to promote the skills of speaking, reading, writing, and listening with individuals with developmental disabilities who require behavioral modifications.
- Prepare and submit a competitive grant proposal to a public or private organization.
- Evaluate research for utility in the practice of diagnosing and treating individuals with developmental disabilities or behavior modification needs.
- Demonstrate knowledge and expertise in all areas of the Behavior Analyst Task List Fifth Edition.
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Assistive Technology for Applied Behavior Analysis
- Grant Writing for Applied Behavior Analysis
- Capstone Project in Applied Behavior Analysis
- Ethics and Professional Issues
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
After deadlines, applications are accepted on a rolling basis as space permits.
DisciplinesPsychology Special Education View 258 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Application for admission to the Office of Graduate Admissions and a $50 application fee. Online Application
- Applicants for the M.S. in Applied Behavior Analysis must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- One official transcript mailed to the Office of Graduate Admissions from each college or university previously attended, including all earned grades and degree
- Applicant’s cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) must be at least a 2.8 for admission into program.
- Applicant must submit professional resume/vitae.
- Applicant must submit response to the following essay question: In a single, double-spaced page please tell us why you believe you are a good “fit” for Western Connecticut State University’s Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) program.
International20756 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10378 USD per semester during 12 months.
National20756 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10378 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State8058 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4029 USD per semester during 12 months.
NE Regional: $6,044 per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.