Maritime operations, as in several other kinds of operations, are increasingly becoming more complex to lead, manage and control. At the same time both the regulatory forces and the common understanding in society require operators to become more effective and less risk taking.
- As a graduate of this master's degree programme in Management of Demanding Marine Operations from Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) you can look forward to work with challenges in connection with planning, execution and controlling of demanding operations.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Integrated operations I: Management of Demanding Operations
- Industrial Psychology and Human Resources Management
- Integrated operations II: Risk Management
- Human Factors
- Integrated operations III: Cross-cultural Understanding and Communications
- Scientific Theory and Methods
- Integrated operations IV: Management of the unpredictable
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Marine Engineering View 11 other Masters in Marine Engineering in Norway
- A first degree (a bachelor's degree) in a relevant field.
- English proficiency.
- Excellent academic performance: A minimum requirement for admission to all programmes is the grade C or better on the ECTS scale. Note that admission is highly competitive.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- There are no tuition fees at NTNU.
Living costs for Ålesund
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.