In the Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner program from Indiana University Northwest graduates are prepared to expand their knowledge of health promotion, disease prevention, and health education with a focus on improving regional health care delivery and overall health of the people and communities of Northwest Indiana, one of the most diverse areas of the state. Graduates are eligible for national certification as family nurse practitioners.
Our program prepares nurses for advanced practice in family nurse practitioner. Registered Nurses with this degree promote community healthcare and lead change in the ever growing health delivery system.
- Leadership For Advanced Nursing Practice
- Pathophysiology Across The Lifespan
- Pharmacology For Nurse Practitioners
- Assessment Of Individuals, Families, And Communities
- Dynamics Of Family Health Care
- Nursing Research Method
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Nursing View 208 other Masters in Family & Consumer Science in United States
- Submission of an Official College Transcript
- Baccalaureate GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale from an ACEN (formerly NLNAC) or CCNE accredited program.
- Statement of professional aspirations about your leadership skills, work experiences, career plans and reasons for seeking an advanced practice degree
- Have and maintain a current, non-encumbered, RN license in any state where the applicant is practicing for the purpose of meeting MSN course requirements.
- Applicants need to have a grade of B- or higher in a 3-credit, 300 or 400 level class prior to admission
- Clinical practice experience prior to admission is highly recommended.
- Personal interview with faculty admissions committee
- Two professional letters of reference with one from a current manager
- Submission of current professional CV/resume
- Submission of National Criminal Background Check
- English Proficiency
- Immigration Documentation
- Financial Support Documentation
International25536 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1216 USD per credit during 24 months.
National25536 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1216 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State8862 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 422 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Gary
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.