With Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner from Indiana University Northwest graduates are prepared to expand their knowledge of health promotion, disease prevention, and health education with a focus on improving regional health care delivery and overall health of the people and communities of Northwest Indiana, one of the most diverse areas of the state. Graduates are eligible for national certification as family nurse practitioners.
Our program prepares nurses for advanced practice in family nurse practitioner. Registered Nurses with this degree promote community healthcare and lead change in the ever growing health delivery system.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Leadership For Advanced Nursing Practice
- Pathophysiology Across The Lifespan
- Pharmacology For Nurse Practitioners
- Assessment Of Individuals, Families, And Communities
- Dynamics Of Family Health Care
- Nursing Research Method
- Primary Care (Pc) I: Acute Illness Processes
- Primary Care (Pc) Ii: Acute & Stable Chronic Illness Processes
- Primary Care (Pc) Iii: Chronic & Complex Illness Process
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Nursing View 687 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Submission of an Official College Transcript
- Baccalaureate GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale from an ACEN (formerly NLNAC) or CCNE accredited program.
- Statement of professional aspirations about your leadership skills, work experiences, career plans and reasons for seeking an advanced practice degree
- Have and maintain a current, non-encumbered, RN license in any state where the applicant is practicing for the purpose of meeting MSN course requirements.
- Applicants need to have a grade of B- or higher in a 3-credit, 300 or 400 level class prior to admission
- Clinical practice experience prior to admission is highly recommended.
- Personal interview with faculty admissions committee
- Two professional letters of reference with one from a current manager
- Submission of current professional CV/resume
- Submission of National Criminal Background Check
- English Proficiency
- Immigration Documentation
- Financial Support Documentation
International1189 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1189 USD per credit during 24 months.
National1189 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1189 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State408 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 408 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Gary
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.