Recognizing that care management and evaluation of outcome measures are integral components of healthcare success, our program supports both clinical management and healthcare outreach training for registered nurses.
Upon completion of this Nursing - Chronic Care Management program from Georgia Southern University students will obtain the knowledge and resources to implement chronic care management services to improve the lives of patients with chronic health conditions.
While this is an online program, there will be 2-3 in-person learning days each semester.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Develop advanced practice expertise to affect positive healthcare outcomes with individuals, families, populations, and systems, particularly underserved population in rural and underserved areas.
- Evaluate theory and research for the application of evidence-based practice to resolve healthcare problems and effect change.
- Employ critical thinking and complex reasoning skills in the application of advanced nursing knowledge to promote professional practice.
- Employ therapeutic communication, technology and informatics within an inter-professional collaborative context of advanced nursing practice.
- Demonstrate advanced leadership, advocacy, consultation and citizenship activities to improve healthcare delivery and effect change in professional and political realms.
- Incorporate human caring values, ethical principles, and cultural and spiritual sensitivity in all aspects of the advanced nursing practice role.
- Demonstrate role responsibility and accountability in all professional endeavors within the scope of the advanced nursing practice role.
- Research Design and Dissemination
- Health Policy Concerns in Delivery Systems
- Pathophysiology and Differential Diagnosis
- Advanced Pharmacology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences Pharmacology View 693 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Georgia Southern University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree from a college accredited by the appropriate accrediting association with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- The MAT or GRE is not required for admission.
- Current Georgia RN license. Out-of-state students must apply for Georgia RN license.
- Submission/completion of all of the following materials:
- Complete College of Graduate Studies online application with payment of required fee.
- Georgia Southern University Health Services Form
- Three letters of recommendation. Forms in the online application are acceptable, or you can attach 3 recommendation letters to the application.
- Proof of American Heart Association Level C (2 person-BLS) CPR certification.
- Proof of Georgia RN licensure (write COPY) over any replication of license submitted.
- One year of full-time clinical nursing experience prior to beginning health assessment.
International9972 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 277 USD per credit during 12 months.
National9972 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 277 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.