Recognizing that care management and evaluation of outcome measures are integral components of healthcare success. The Nursing - Chronic Care Management program of the Georgia Southern University supports both clinical management and healthcare outreach training for registered nurses. Upon completion of this program students will obtain the knowledge and resources to implement chronic care management services to improve the lives of patients with chronic health conditions.
While this is an online program, there will be 2-3 on-campus learning days each semester.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Develop advanced practice expertise to affect positive healthcare outcomes with individuals, families, populations, and systems, particularly underserved population in rural and underserved areas.
- Evaluate theory and research for the application of evidence-based practice to resolve healthcare problems and effect change.
- Employ critical thinking and complex reasoning skills in the application of advanced nursing knowledge to promote professional practice.
- Employ therapeutic communication, technology and informatics within an inter-professional collaborative context of advanced nursing practice.
- Demonstrate advanced leadership, advocacy, consultation and citizenship activities to improve healthcare delivery and effect change in professional and political realms.
- Incorporate human caring values, ethical principles, and cultural and spiritual sensitivity in all aspects of the advanced nursing practice role.
- Demonstrate role responsibility and accountability in all professional endeavors within the scope of the advanced nursing practice role.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chronic Care Management
- Health Policy Concerns in Delivery Systems
- Pathophysiology and Differential Diagnosis
- Advanced Pharmacology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 258 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree or its equivalent from a college accredited by the appropriate accrediting association.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (on 4.0 scale)
- Prerequisite-Statistics. Program requires a prerequisite in Introductory Statistics with a C or better.
- The MAT or GRE is not required for admission.
- Unrestricted and current single state Georgia RN license or a compact license that includes Georgia.
- One year of full-time clinical nursing experience.
- Submission/completion of all of the following materials: complete College of Graduate, studies online application with payment of required fee, three letters of recommendation, forms in the online application are acceptable, or you can attach 3 recommendation letters to the application, proof of American Heart Association Level C (2 person-BLS) CPR certification.
- Proof of RN licensure (write COPY) over any replication of license submitted.
International277 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 277 USD per credit during 12 months.
National277 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 277 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.