The Kinesiology, Physical Education program of the Georgia Southern University is designed for those students who currently have a clear renewable teaching certificate in Health and Physical Education. If a potential student does not have a clear renewable teaching certificate in Health and Physical Education, then the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) graduate program may be for you.
Student Learning OutcomesUpon completion of the curriculum, students will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the research process and how it is used to solve problems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of advanced concepts in physical education.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts and skills in physical education in relation to human growth and development.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of technology in physical education.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to relate current knowledge in physical education to authentic problems in pedagogy to the learning environment.
- School Health Education Methods
- Analysis of Teaching Physical Education
- Fitness and Wellness Education
- Assessment and Technology in Physical Education
- Supervision of Instruction in Physical Education
- Curriculum Issues and Trends in Physical Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Sports Sciences View 102 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- A clear renewable teaching certificate in Physical Education or Health-Physical Education before starting the graduate program.
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 (4.0 scale)
- A full vitae or resume that includes the following: work history, professional experiences, membership and participation in professional organizations, other experiences related to the academic program, and contact information for a minimum of three references.
- A personal writing sample that includes a description of teaching experiences and accomplishments, reasons for interest in the graduate program at Georgia Southern University, and career goals for the next five years.
- A lesson plan and formal assessment designed for a K-12 setting in Physical Education.
- A phone, internet, or in-person interview with Physical Education graduate coordinator.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are not required.
International12888 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 358 USD per credit during 12 months.
National12888 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 358 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.