With new federal mandates requiring electronic health records (EHR), the field of health information management and technology is evolving.
Designed for business and information technology professionals who need to learn current and emerging trends; how to address privacy, ethics and security; and planned government and industry policies and programs in healthcare and medical technology.
The Information Technology - Health and Medical Informatics program of Endicott College offers a set of courses in technical topics and the management of information technology systems. Electives focus on technology, management, processes, and policies for the health and medical informatics field of study and profession.
Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Facilitate the development and advancement of emerging information technologies to improve health care delivery and cost efficiencies
- Gain an in-depth understanding of new and existing health information management systems within the context of the U.S. health care system
- Become proficient in the "language" of health care, navigate the rules around using medical data, and obtain relevant information to assess changes to the health care system
- Participate in the development, implementation, evaluation and management of information technology solutions to improve patient care and the health care delivery process
- Utilize health information technology for decision support, knowledge management, strategic planning, and outcome assessment to optimize cost efficiencies in the health care system
- Understand the business implications on security, privacy and policies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Security Management
- Systems Architecture and Analysis
- Advanced Cloud Computing
- Health & Medical Information Systems Overview
- Emerging Health & Medical Information Technologies & Standards
- Policies and Trends in Healthcare Informatics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Health Informatics View 121 other Masters in Health Informatics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Non-refundable $50.00 application fee. Application fee waived for veteran and military students
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic reference and one professional reference)
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary academic work sent directly from the institution(s) including confirmation of undergraduate degree, date confirmed, and any other graduate work
- Essay of 250-500 words on career goals and motivation for graduate study
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all students whose native language is not English. Endicott also accepts an IELTS score
- Interview with the program director (only required for some programs)
International780 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 780 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National780 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 780 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.