The Master of Science in Nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). The Nursing - Nurse Educator program of University of Central Florida is delivered fully online. It prepares nurse educators for teaching positions in colleges and universities, as well as practice settings.
The program prepares students to:
- Analyze social, economic, ethical, cultural, legal, and political issues influencing nursing practice and health care in a global context.
- Develop and implement leadership, management, and teaching strategies for the improvement of health and health care quality and safety.
- Develop practice models of evidence-based nursing practice incorporating nursing research.
- Influence health and public policy in collaboration with other disciplines to improve systems of care and health of communities.
- Participate in research and disseminate research findings through presentation and publication.
- Synthesize advanced knowledge from the sciences, humanities, and theory to support advanced nursing practice.
- Plan, evaluate and implement the delivery of health care using critical thinking skill in an advanced nursing role.
In addition to the MSN for students holding a baccalaureate nursing degree, the College of Nursing also offers admission to its master degree programs in nursing to Registered Nurses who have bachelor degrees in fields other than nursing. These students will need to take 9 credits of undergraduate upper-division coursework that is prerequisite for graduate study in nursing. Please contact email@example.com for more information on this option.The goal of the Master of Science in Nursing program is to prepare advanced practice nurses, nurse educators, and nursing leaders and managers to assume leadership positions in a variety of healthcare settings. Graduates of these programs are eligible to sit for national certification examinations in their respective specialties.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health Promotion
- Pathophysiological Bases for Advanced Nursing Practice
- Theory for Advanced Practice Nursing
- Curriculum Development in Nursing Education
- Teaching Strategies for Nurse Educators
- Evaluation in Nursing Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing View 297 other Masters in Nursing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- One official transcript (in a sealed envelope) from each college/university attended.
- BSN degree from an accredited institution.
- Undergraduate Statistics course.
- Florida license required for all students who will be taking clinical and practice courses in Florida health care agencies and institutions. For those students at a distance, a license is required in the state or country in which they practice.
- Written essay.
- Curriculum Vitae should reflect prior education, recent clinical/practice accomplishments, any recent scholarly work (publications, presentations, grants, research participation), awards, scholarships, additional professional certifications, volunteer activities, and membership/leadership/activities with professional organizations and community service organizations.
- 3 Recommendations
International25036 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12518 USD per semester during 12 months.
National25036 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12518 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11804 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5902 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.