Evidenced-focused, team-orientated, problem-based instruction prepares graduates to enter the workforce as clinical fellowship-ready speech-language pathologists. Graduates of the Communication Sciences and Disorders program of the Georgia Southern University are also prepared to pursue the ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC). The degree includes a total of 54 semester hours of academic coursework and clinical practica.
Graduates of this program will:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and principles necessary for prevention, evaluation, and treatment of communication impairments across the lifespan
- Analyze factors important to diagnosis and treatment plan development
- Document and effectively communicate their findings to the clients, their families and other professionals
- Meet legal and professional standards of competence and ethics
- Employ active learning methods that encourage self-reliance and promote continuous professional development
- Integrate theoretical knowledge and therapeutic competencies through group discussions, laboratories, and clinical practice
- Demonstrate the highest qualities of character and ethical behavior as well as the knowledge, skills, and disposition that support scholarship, professionalism, technology, and diversity
- Demonstrate clinical skill in supervised practicum settings and document the minimum of 400 clinical clock hours with a variety of populations as described by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) for the Certificate of Clinical Competency
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clinical Practicum in Communication Disorders
- Cognitive and Linguistic Foundations of Language
- Professional and Ethical Issues in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Neuroanatomy and Physiology
- Language Disorders in Early Childhood
- Language Disorders Early Child
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Special Education Health Sciences View 717 other Masters in Special Education in United States
Immunizations and physical exams as required of all Georgia Southern University students
Applicants must complete the requirements for a baccalaureate degree in speech-language pathology from a regionally accredited institution
GPA of 3.0
Documentation of the following after admission and prior to enrollment:
- Completion of 25 clinical observation hours as mandated by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Professional liability insurance
- Health insurance
- Clear background check and negative drug screen
- First aid/CPR certification by the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association
- Negative TB PPD skin test within thirty (30) days of enrollment
- Final transcript(s) documenting all required coursework and conferral of baccalaureate degree
Three (3) Completed CSDCAS Reference Forms
Essential Skills Statement
International13260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6630 USD per semester during 24 months.
National13260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6630 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State3324 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1662 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Statesboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.