Prepare for Massachusetts Licensure as a Reading Specialist for all grades (PreK–12). Designed with the reading specialist, coach, or interventionist in mind, each course highlights evidence-based best practices in reading and writing instruction for all grades.
Rigorous and relevant coursework in reading and writing development is taught by faculty who have been reading coaches and interventionists in public schools and experienced lecturers in graduate education for more than 15 years. All students in the Reading and Literacy program of Endicott College are taught the most-up-to date and scientific approaches to teaching reading and writing.
Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of and approach to the process of reading and development of literacy skills
- Design high quality instruction, including authentic and meaningful student assessments
- Analyze student performance and growth data and to use this data to improve instruction and practice
- Teach all students through instructional practices that establish high expectations, a safe and effective classroom environment, and cultural proficiency.
- Promote the learning and growth of all students through effective partnerships with families, caregivers, community members, and organizations.
- Ensure the learning and growth of all students through ethical, culturally proficient, skilled, and collaborative practice
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sheltered English Immersion
- Data Literacy
- Early Literacy Development
- Adolescent Literacy
- Children's & Young Adult Literature
- Writing Instruction
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation View 3549 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Non-refundable $50.00 application fee. Application fee waived for veteran and military students
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic reference and one professional reference)
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary academic work sent directly from the institution(s) including confirmation of undergraduate degree, date confirmed, and any other graduate work
- Essay of 250-500 words on career goals and motivation for graduate study;
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all students whose native language is not English. Endicott also accepts IELTS scores
- A copy of all initial licenses in the state of Massachusetts
International530 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 530 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National530 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 530 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.