Our approach to societal problems - such as substance abuse, domestic violence, unemployment, debt and child abuse - can be more effectively addressed from a perspective that considers the individual and family as part of larger systems.
The Family Science program from Concordia University, St. Paul focuses on healthy family functioning within a family-systems perspective, and provides a primarily preventive approach. The skills and knowledge needed for healthy functioning are widely known: strong communication skills, knowledge of typical human development, good decision-making skills, positive self-esteem, and healthy interpersonal relationships.
Students complete coursework to prepare for helping roles that focus on maintaining healthy families. The Master’s in Family Science degree program includes courses on parenting, family systems, child growth and development, family communication and relationships.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Families In Society
- Navigating the Oceans of Data and Information in Family Life Education
- Systemic Dynamics of Families
- Family Decision Making
- Family Communication and Relationships
- Intimate Relationships
- 49 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science View 47 other Masters in Family & Consumer Science in United States
- Online Application: Create an account and submit our online application. Once submitted, you can follow your application process through the application portal.
- Official College Transcripts: Submit official transcripts from an accreditor that is recognized by the US Department of Education stating the conferral of the Bachelor’s degree or higher with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 based on a 4.0 system.
- Personal Statement
International395 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 395 USD per credit and a duration of 49 days.
National395 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 395 USD per credit and a duration of 49 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.