The Instructional Technology program from Georgia Southern University can be tailored to meet the needs of technology specialists and instructional designers in designers in schools, and school districts.
For applicants who are currently certified to teach in Georgia P-12 Schools and are seeking to add another area of Instructional Technology or Media Specialist certification, we offer three degree options:
- Master of Education in Instructional Technology – Instructional Technology
- Master of Education in Instructional Technology – School Library Media
- Master of Education in Instructional Technology – Dual Certification (Instructional Technology and School Library Media)
For applicants who are not certified educators and wish to pursue initial certification as a Media Specialist, we offer the following degree option:
- Master of Education in Instructional Technology – School Library Media (for those interested in initial school library media certification)
- Instructional Design
- Visionary Leadership in Instructional Technology
- Selection and Development of Digital Tools and Resources
- Information Fluency and Inquiry Learning
- Digital Learning Environments
- Technology-Based Assessment and Data Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
36-42 Credit Hours
DisciplinesEducation Informatics & Information Technology Instructional Design View 320 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Georgia Southern University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Complete requirements for a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- For admission into the Instructional Technology concentration or the Dual Certification concentration, candidates must possess or be eligible for a renewable Georgia level four or higher Induction, Professional, Advanced Professional, or Lead Professional teaching certificate, leadership certificate, service field certificate, or Life certificate;
- Candidates who have completed all requirements for the Georgia level four teaching certificate have until the end of the first semester to obtain the certificate.
- Present a cumulative 2.50 (4.0 scale) grade point average or higher on all undergraduate and graduate work combined.
- Submit a completed “Disclosure and Affirmation Form” that addresses misconduct disclosure, criminal background check, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance.
International12888 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 358 USD per credit during 12 months.
National12888 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 358 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.