The Elementary Education program of the Georgia Southern University can be completed in one year (summer/fall/spring/summer), and is designed for candidates who hold a renewable Induction or Professional Level Four Certificate or equivalent in elementary education. The curriculum makes up an approved program of study by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (PSC) and meets the PSC’s certificate upgrade requirements.
This elementary education (P-5) master’s degree program is based upon the concept of developmentally appropriate practices and the value of diverse, intensive field experiences working with diverse student populations. You will experience program outcomes meant to drive your teaching career forward.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Learning Theories and Assessment
- Advanced Language Arts Methods
- Teaching Writing in the Elementary School
- Teaching Communication Across Cultures
- Advanced Mathematics Methods
- Advanced Social Studies Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 342 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Complete requirements for a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Possess or be eligible for a renewable Georgia level four certificate in Elementary Education, or posses an equivalent out-of-state teaching certificate in Elementary Education. Candidates who have completed all requirements for the Georgia level four teaching certificate have until the end of the first semester to obtain the certificate. Candidates with an out-of-state certificate will not receive Georgia certification upon program completion.
- Present a cumulative 2.50 (4.0 scale) GPA or higher on all undergraduate and graduate work combined.
- Submit a personal statement of purpose, not to exceed 500 words.
- Submit a completed “Disclosure and Affirmation Form” that addresses misconduct disclosure, criminal background check, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance.
International358 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 358 USD per credit during 12 months.
National358 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 358 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.