Spanish from California State University Los Angeles is designed to enable students to attain a high level of proficiency in the Spanish language and literatures written in Hispanic countries, to solidify understanding of linguistic processes in standard and dialectal varieties of Spanish, and to employ the language skillfully in such pursuits as teaching, writing, translating, and communications, or as preparation for doctoral study.
Students at Spanish from California State University Los Angeles:
- benefit from distance learning opportunities, as several of the required seminars for the Spanish M.A. are offered in either an online or hybrid delivery mode;
- demonstrate advanced oral and written proficiency in the Spanish language.
- Academic Writing in Spanish
- Medieval Literature
- Literary Theory
- Spanish Sociolinguistics
- Spanish Poetry from Romanticism to the Present
- Contemporary Spanish-American Poetry After Ruben Dario
- Golden Age Culture and Literature
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages Literature View 791 other Masters in Languages in United States
- Applicants must have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Spanish or equivalent;
- A minimum 2.75 overall undergraduate grade point average, and a B (3.0) grade point average in upper-division Spanish coursework.
- Applicants whose B.A. is neither in Spanish nor from a university where the language of instruction is Spanish may also be required to demonstrate advanced oral and written proficiency in the language.
International16296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16296 USD per year during 12 months.
National16296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16296 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8216 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.