The Interior Design programme at Polytechnic School of Design provides discerning insights into the language of materials, lighting, colour, furniture and the integration of technical components. The relation with the building is deeply investigated. All these aspects meet in the studio classes led by renowned professionals that support the creation of a working knowledge base.
Collaborations with brands and institutions enable the students to comprehend how interiors communicate the brand values in a retail environment or in a corporate space through the use of architectural elements and spatial graphics. As a result of this education, on the one hand students are encouraged to develop a conceptual approach in design practice gaining a strategic under standing of elements and processes involved. On the other hand, technical representation and architectural detailing serve the students as a mirror for reviewing their design and refining their professional skills.
- Interior Design Laboratories
- Colours, Materials And Finishings
- History And Culture Of Design
- Computer Design
- Advanced Visualization Techniques
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Polytechnic School of Design and/or in Italy, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- BA Degree or higher (in relevant fields such as Architecture, Design, Visual Arts, etc.)* OR significant work experience in a relevant field (+ High School Diploma)
- Transcripts (list of subjects + grades)* (graduates only)
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Portfolio in digital format (ppt, pptx, pdf, jpeg, flash, etc). In case of files larger than 10MB, we suggest to use any cloud storage service like ICloud, Google Drive, One Drive, Dropbox or similar ones. Portfolio is NOT mandatory but only recommended: in case, we will be pleased to evaluate sketching or any other technical work related to design or art in general.
- Motivational Letter / Statement of Purpose in digital format (doc, docx, pdf) and not longer than 500 words
- Valid passport (expiry date must be older than at least six months beyond the admission date)
- Documents must be in Italian OR in English OR in Spanish
Living costs for Milano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.