The program is designed for candidates with undergraduate degrees in a wide range of areas either related to early childhood development and education, such as child development, psychology, communication disorders, sociology, nursing, theatre, music or other degrees.
The Early Childhood Development and Education program of University of Central Florida includes advanced professional development in early child development and education for careers with direct and indirect services for young children and families. Direct early education services to young children and families can include homes, schools, and other community settings, such as child care and Head Start. Indirect services can include: child assessment, program evaluation, child care resource and referral, early learning coalitions, community college instruction, and child advocacy. Graduates of this program are encouraged to serve as a bridge among schools and community agencies and to nurture leadership skills in these areas.
In addition to fostering the professional development of previously certified early childhood teachers, this program will also serve as a bridge among schools and community agencies and will provide the educational experiences to nurture educational leaders who will work within and across these areas.
- Programs and Trends in Early Childhood Education
- Play Development, Intervention, and Assessment
- Home-School-Community Interaction in Early Childhood Education
- Guiding and Facilitating Social Competence
- Global Issues in Early Childhood
- Observation and Assessment of Young Children
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 3234 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- One official transcript (in a sealed envelope) from each college/university attended.
- Three letters of recommendation from academic sources.
- Professional resumé.
- Essay detailing career goals.
- An interview (in person, by internet, or by phone) scheduled by the Early Childhood Graduate faculty.
- A guided 1-page written essay during the interview.
- Applicants applying to this program who have attended a college/university outside the United States must provide a course-by-course credential evaluation with GPA calculation.
International42984 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1194 USD per credit during 12 months.
National42984 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1194 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State13284 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 369 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Orlando
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.