The Creative Writing program of University of Central Florida emphasizes the study of craft and published writing alongside the closely analyzed production of original work by students. Opportunities for professional development as writers, teachers, and editors abound. Our prolific, dedicated faculty members have won numerous prestigious awards for their work and have served as officers in the Associated Writing Programs (AWP) and other national organizations.
- Studies in Contemporary Poetry
- Studies in Contemporary Fiction
- Studies in Contemporary Nonfiction
- Form and Theory in Creative Writing
- Professional Development in Creative Writing
- Literary Journal Editing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing Liberal Arts View 671 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
- One official transcript (in a sealed envelope) from each college/university attended.
- Official, competitive GRE score taken within the last five years.
- Three letters of recommendation (preferably from current or former teachers).
- Statement of background and goals. If you were not an English major, we recommend you include a list (5-7 titles) of recently read contemporary books in the genre in which you are applying.
- Résumé or CV.
- A portfolio of fiction, poetry, or creative nonfiction. The portfolio must be in English and in the applicant’s primary genre (up to 15 pages of poetry, 30 pages of fiction, or 30 pages of literary nonfiction).
- At least one survey course in both English and American literature at the university level (may be taken while in graduate residence).
International42984 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1194 USD per credit during 12 months.
National42984 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1194 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State13284 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 369 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Orlando
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.