Learning objectives of the Master in Statistical and Actuarial Science at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
- Deep knowledge of mathematical models, specifically probability models to apply to finance and actuarial phenomena as well as economic and corporate sciences;
- Deep knowledge of quantitative models in the area of risk management;
- Mastery of logic, conceptual and methodological tools for planning and executing research for the analysis and evaluation of complex systems linked to economies, production, markets, insurance problems and the environmental, with a specific reference to the occurrence of damaging events;
- Corresponding ability to build models that explain and foresee phenomena being studied and establish their applicability and validity with data analysis, and therefore a highly qualifying operating ability in the field of quantitative analysis of economic, corporate, socio-demographic and financial problems related to social security and insurance.
Graduates will gain methodological knowledge and tools also at an interdisciplinary level that will enable them to fill jobs at high professional levels both in private companies and state or local public institutions; that is to say, in medium and large businesses, banks, insurance companies and welfare institutions. They will carry out analysis and management of human resources, production, and quality. They will analyze and evaluate markets and socio-economic and environmental scenarios and run a statistical analysis of complex phenomena.
Specifically the curriculum in Actuarial Sciences for Insurance prepares for Actuary and Risk Manager.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied multivariate statistics
- Advanced calculus and stochastic processes
- Insurance law and regulation
- Economic statistics
- Accounting and management in insurance
- Actuarial life insurance
- Quantitative methods for finance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- We strongly advise non-EU students residing abroad to apply by April 15, due to the restrictive and lengthy nature of visa application procedures.
DisciplinesStatistics Risk Management Actuarial Science View 5 other Masters in Actuarial Science in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The degree and related studies undertook so far need to be in a subject which is relevant to the program. Familiarity with statistics/mathematics at degree level is essential. Prospective students are required to have attended two courses in Statistics (12 ECTS) and two courses in Mathematics (14 ECTS) during their undergraduate studies; additionally, students should have a basic knowledge in at least one of the following broad subject areas: Economics, Business economics/Management, Finance, Computer science, Actuarial science
- The academic board will evaluate candidates’ academic and personal background and decide if they meet the specific conditions for admission.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8690 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8690 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3600 EUR per year during 24 months.
- European residents: A student may pay from €3600 to a maximum of about €9300 per year. (depending on the family income)
Living costs for Milano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
This scholarship is automatically extended from year to year for the normal duration of the degree program. Successful candidates must maintain full-time enrolment status in order to finish their degrees on time. Should the candidate be unable to graduate on the expected date, all additional costs will be at the student’s expense.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.