The Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) non-licensure program is designed for college graduates, both from the United States and abroad, who may wish to work in teaching environments such as colleges, community groups and organizations, international English language schools, and English language intensive programs. The program also provides professional training for public school teachers with an initial license who seek further professional development.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Linguistics for TESOL
- Theories of Second Language Acquisition
- Critical Approaches to TESOL Methods
- Language and Power
- Sheltered Content Instruction: Principles and Practices
- Reading and Writing in the Sheltered Content Classroom
- Assessment of Multilingual Learners
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 717 other Masters in Languages in United States
- A completed MAT application from the College of Graduate Studies
- A four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- A 2.75 undergraduate GPA based upon four years of course work or a 3.0 undergraduate GPA based upon course work completed during the junior and senior years
- For international applicants for whom English is a second language, an acceptable TOEFL score
- Three letters of recommendation (at least two letters from academic references)
- Official copies of transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate work
National439 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 439 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State439 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 439 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition: $1,260.00
- Required Fees (all students): $6,641.28
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.