Through transdisciplinary teamwork and real-life business challenges provided by our prominent industry partners, the programme prepares students as the next generation of creative professionals.
International Design Business Management - Economics and Business Administration from Aalto University is uniquely positioned as the only programme offered in all six schools of Aalto, allowing programme graduates to earn a Master’s degree in either business, design or technology.
IDBM prepares you for a career in creative industries and in organisations that draw on creativity, design and technology as key components of their competitive positioning. These career opportunities exist both in large multinationals and in startups, in a variety of fields as organisations are starting to recognise the importance of design in retaining their relevance and creating better value.
In positions ranging from service design to design and strategy, IDBM graduates leverage design to create new products and services, often involving the latest technology
- IDBM Challenge
- Corporate Entrepreneurship and Design
- Networked Partnering and Product Innovation
- Business Model Design
- IDBM Industry Project
- IDBM Capstone: Global Virtual Teamwork
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Design View 14 other Masters in Economics in Finland
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Aalto University and/or in Finland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Scanned colour copy of the original Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Scanned colour copy of the original official transcript of study records.
- If you have any other higher education degrees you wish to be taken into consideration in admissions, scanned colour copies of degree certificate and official transcript of records. If documents are not in Finnish, Swedish or English, scanned colour copies of authorised translations are required as well.
- Copy of a valid passport or an official government-issued identification card with photo and information on citizenship.
- Portfolio (electronic)
- Demonstrating proficiency in English
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.