The Master of Radiation Therapy Program from University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is a full-time program that includes six semesters of intensive study on the campus of UT Southwestern.
After completing the program successfully, graduates have the skills and experience to:
- Simulate patients for treatment
- Administer treatment to adult and pediatric patients
- Provide high-quality patient care
- Perform dosimetry calculations
- Fabricate beam modification devices
- Manage treatment records electronically
- Observe brachytherapy procedures
- Perform total body irradiation with electrons and photons
- Use various image-guided modalities
UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the bachelor (B.S.), masters (M.A./M.S./M.S.C.S./M.P.A.S./M.R.C), doctoral (Ph.D./D.P.T.) and medical professional (M.D.) degrees.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Anatomy
- Human Anatomy Lab
- Human Physiology
- Clinical Reasoning and Decision-Making
- Oncology Nursing and Patient Care
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1280 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Complete a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university (recommended in a health science or sciences)
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale
- Earn a minimum GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale in natural sciences and mathematics courses
- Complete and submit an online application. (The Program currently is not accepting applications.)
- Submit an essay as indicated with application
- Submit three letters of recommendation. (We recommend letters from undergraduate advisers, instructors or professors, employers, or volunteer supervisors.)
- Complete an on-campus interview
- Submit your TOEFL scores if you are an international student
- Submit GRE Scores
- Complete and submit evaluation forms from 24-hours of observation with a Radiation Therapist in a clinic or hospital
- Complete the following prerequisite courses
International32009 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 64019 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National32009 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 64019 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
In-State14138 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28276 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Dallas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.