The professional careers students should be prepared for include the full range of careers for which public policy expertise would be valued: national, state, and local government agencies, think tanks and consulting firms, non-‐profit organizations, and lobby firms and private sector organizations engaged in public affairs representation.
The core of the Public Policy degree curriculum offered at Pennsylvania State University will provide students with a strong knowledge base relevant to public policy rooted in the social science disciplines of economics, political science, sociology, and industrial psychology housed in the College of the Liberal Arts along with training in quantitative policy analysis and evaluation. And through its specialization course requirements, it will provide students with public policy relevant training across a wide spectrum of substantive public policy areas drawing on expertise found on the University Park campus.
- Students will be able to lead and manage in public organizations.
- Students will be able to participate in and contribute to the policy process.
- Students will be able to analyze, synthesize, think critically, solve problems and make decisions.
- Students will articulate and apply a public service perspective.
- Students will be able to communicate and interact productively with a diverse and changing workforce and citizenry.
- The Public Policy Process
- Economic Analysis for Public Policy
- Public Sector Organization Theory
- Bureaucracy and the Policy Process
- Statistics for Public Policy
- Managing Public Organizations
- Public Finance and Budgeting
- Public Policy Analysis
- Policy and Program Evaluation
- Project Design and Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Sociology Public Policy View 610 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- Curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- A personal statement addressing their reasons for pursuing a graduate degree in public policy and discussing their plans and goals.
International39248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39248 USD per year during 12 months.
National23082 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23082 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for University Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.