This Integrative and Biomedical Physiology program at Pennsylvania State University is uniquely focused on the study of integrative mechanisms of mammalian body systems at the molecular, cellular, tissue, and organ levels, and the application of that knowledge to study a number of human diseases and conditions. A broad range of research is conducted by faculty, all of whom are widely regarded in their respective fields. Subspecialization areas include aging, exercise and muscle biology, biophysics, cancer, cardiovascular regulation and disease, energy and nutrient regulation, immunology and inflammation, obesity and diabetes, and reproductive biology.
- The master's program, including courses, laboratory experience, and original research, is designed for completion in approximately two years, while the doctoral degree requires approximately five years.
- Graduate instruction in integrative and biomedical physiology is under the direction of graduate faculty from multiple colleges and departments at University Park–including animal science, biochemistry, biology, bioengineering, biomedical engineering, kinesiology, and nutrition, as well as veterinary and biomedical sciences.
- Physiological Adaptations to Stress
- Advanced Exercise Physiology
- Integrative and Cellular Mammalian Physiology I
- Integrative and Cellular Mammalian Physiology II Endocrine Physiology
- Regulation of Nutrient Metabolism
- Cardiovascular Physiology
- Ethics, Rigor, Reproducibility and Conduct of Research in the Life Sciences
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Biochemistry View 714 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
- Students with a 3.00 junior/senior average (on a 4.00 scale) and with appropriate course backgrounds will be considered for admission.
- Deficiencies in chemistry, biological science, mathematics (through a second course in calculus), and physics must be made up early in the student's graduate program.
International40014 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40014 USD per year during 24 months.
National24586 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24586 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for University Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.