This multidisciplinary degree stresses critical thinking, comparative analysis, and connections across disciplines rather than specialization in a fairly small content area. The LAS Program is designed especially for students seeking a Master’s degree as an occupational qualification and for those who wish to have a more in-depth inquiry into the liberal arts and sciences.
The Liberal Arts and Sciences Program promotes an advanced level of critique, analysis, and comparison. Students also explore the broad questions faced by human beings, as well as the specific means by which individual disciplines in the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and mathematics have addressed these questions.The LAS Program also offers six integrated bachelor’s/master’s program options for students currently enrolled in the following undergraduate programs at Western: African American Studies, Foreign Languages and Cultures, Liberal Arts and Sciences, Philosophy, Religious Studies, and Women’s Studies.
Why Liberal Arts and Sciences at WIU?
The Master of Liberal Arts and Sciences Program at Western Illinois University proactively addresses the needs of students seeking to advance in their chosen careers or expand their career options in our rapidly changing global economy. Students have the option of incorporating one of four Post-Baccalaureate Certificates into their degree program (Community Development, English, Environmental GIS, or Zoo and Aquarium Studies), or customizing their degree plan by selecting from a variety of graduate courses across the College of Arts and Sciences. Post-Baccalaureate Certificates offer an additional occupational qualification to that of a Master’s Degree—a qualification that a student can earn prior to completing all the requirements for a Master’s Degree. Students can choose among three exit options (thesis, internship, or applied project) to complete their Master’s degree, depending on their professional and personal goals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Tradition and Change: Focus on the History and Philosophy of the Sciences
- Tradition and Change: Focus on the Social Sciences
- Tradition and Change: Focus on the Humanities
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
- National students - rolling admission
DisciplinesEducational Research Liberal Arts View 213 other Masters in Educational Research in United States
- Applicants for admission to the School of Graduate Studies must hold a bachelor's degree from an institution that is accredited by the appropriate U.S.
- Department of Education regional institutional accrediting agency. Applicants usually apply for admission to a degree program simultaneously with admission to the School of Graduate Studies.
- If the applicant meets the minimum admission requirements of the School of Graduate Studies, a copy of the application materials is forwarded to the program of interest for consideration.
International13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13830 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13830 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.