Instructional Design and Technology courses at Western Illinois University are offered in various formats such as online and weekend courses with hands-on experience.
Graduates of the program will enter or continue careers in instructional design, interactive multimedia, computer-based graphics, and distance learning. The program also serves students interested in pursuing advanced graduate studies in instructional design and related areas.
- instructional designer
- web-based user interface designer
- 3D modeler
- virtual learning designer
- 3D animator
- interactive multimedia designer
- learning design consultant
- e-learning strategist
- web developer
- instructional developer
- project manager
- technology specialist
- web master
Why Choose Instructional Design and Technology at WIU?
The IDT MS degree program offers the flexibility for students to tailor their own program specifically to their career goals. Also, many of the courses, including all core courses, are completely online. Weekend academy courses provide hands-on experience for the working professional.
- Foundations of Instructional Technology
- Principles of Instructional Design
- Technology Applications for the Classroom Teacher
- E-Learning Design and Development
- Internet Resources for Education and Training
- Technology Tools and Strategies for Digital Learning Environment
- Integration of Learning Technologies for Education and Training
- Performance Technology for Instructional Designers and Technologists
- Photographic Applications in Education and Training
- Video Production for Multimedia
- Instructional Video Production
- Developing Graphics for Instruction and Training
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- National students - applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 4316 other Masters in Education in United States
- Applicants for admission to the School of Graduate Studies must hold a bachelor's degree from an institution that is accredited by the appropriate U.S. Department of Education regional institutional accrediting agency.
- Applicants usually apply for admission to a degree program simultaneously with admission to the School of Graduate Studies.
- If the applicant meets the minimum admission requirements of the School of Graduate Studies, a copy of the application materials is forwarded to the program of interest for consideration.
International11250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11250 USD per year during 12 months.
National9238 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9238 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State9238 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9238 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Macomb
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.