Facts about this program :
- It is delivered by seven world-renowned European and American universities and offers students the opportunity to obtain a fully recognised masters degree. It provides them with the chance to complete a two year mobility period in leading public health schools. Moroever, the programme has been designated an Erasmus Mundus Masters Programme by the European Commission since 2006 in recognition of its outstanding contribution to the field.
- While completing the programme at University of Granada you will complete a mobility period for 2 years, you will live and study in at least two European partner countries and benefit from the support of experienced teams in each higher education institution, you will undertake global health and intercultural work, multicultural team work, problem-based learning and an internship. Additionally, you will become part of a large public health network of academics and experts in public health, as well as international students and alumni.
- Upon completion of the course you will be able to analyse and address the determinants of health problems from a population perspective and propose, plan, implement and evaluate culturally appropriate, evidence-based policies and interventions for the effective improvement of population health in international, national and local contexts.
- Excellence in Public Health teaching staff include university lecturers, as well as professionals who are active in the public health sector. They are doctors, nurses, managers of healthcare establishments, as well as politicians, health engineers, health inspectors, pharmacists, administrators, and manufacturers, to mention just a few.
- All teaching staff have developed a solid basis of national and international expertise that has enabled them to build up extensive professional networks, further ensuring that the course is well suited to the realities of the field. In parallel with their research activities, permanent university staff are in a position to welcome, support, and advise students. Some, in particular thesis supervisors, play an important monitoring role. They are further supported by a EUROPUBHEALTH project team in each institution, in order to ensure global coordination and consistency in the course curriculum.
- ERASMUS+ offers scholarships for students and for visiting professors who wish to receive funding in order to take part in EUROPUBHEALTH. Scholarships for students from the country in which the programme is taught can amount to €33,000 for the two years of the masters course. Scholarships for students from a partner countries can amount to €46,000 for the two years of the masters course (please view programme website for fully update details).
- Employment propsects for our graduates are highly favourable. Most join public or non-profit institutions after graduating. They pursue careers in health programme management, the development, implementation and assessment of public health policies, and also work as managers in social or healthcare institutions, in risk management and assessment, auditing and consultancy, or in education and research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- For more information please visit the university's website.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An official university degree from an institution belonging to the European Higher Education Area. The degree must allow you to apply to masters programmes in the country in which it was issued. If the degree was issued in a language other than English, Spanish, French, Italian, or Portuguese, you must submit a certified translation of the degree in one of the above languages. OR
- A degree from an institution outside the European Higher Education Area. As long as the degree indicates the same level of expertise and training as equivalent degrees issued by Spanish universities, no further administrative steps are required in order for your degree to be recognised by the UGR.
International821 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 821 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA821 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 821 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Granada
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.