Our Master’s in Water Quality Techniques and Sciences at University of Granada is a world-class qualification designed to enable you to gain a deep understanding, both as a professional and as a researcher, of methods, techniques and advanced tools in order to:
- - effectively implement environmental laws arising from the Water Framework Directive
- - analyze and solve complex problems affecting water quality in rivers, lakes, reservoirs, coastal waters, and aquifers
- - assess the cost of water pollution problems and implement remediation measures
As a student on our course, you can choose to specialize in one of three areas:
- Biomonitoring and restoration of stressed water bodies:
- You will learn (1) to describe and quantify the human impact on ecosystem services; (2) to design and implement biomonitoring strategies for early detection of water quality problems; and (3) to design and implement conservation programmes.
- Subjects in this major include: M3.1.1. Molecular indicators (3 ECTS) M3.1.2. Microbial indicators (3 ECTS) M3.1.3. Ecotoxicological methods (3 ECTS) M3.1.4. Conservation of aquatic ecosystems (3 ECTS)
- WATER TREATMENT TECHNOLOGIES :
- You will learn (1) to design and apply treatment technologies to meet precise water quality targets, and (2) to design and manage water networks.
- Subjects in this major include: Water Treatment Plants: design and construction (3 ECTS) Advanced technologies for waste-water treatment (3 ECTS) Industrial waste-water treatment (3 ECTS) Source water quality management, drinking- and sewage water network design (3 ECTS)
- Our teaching staff are university professors from Spain, Europe and the U.S. They have extensive academic and professional experience in a wide range of fields (ecology, civil engineering, biology, environmental law, economics, etc.). As the course is versatile and focused on labour market needs, employment prospects for graduates from our programme are highly favourable. Many choose to complete further doctoral studies in the field, while others pursue careers both in the public and private sectors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The Masters consists of 8 modules:
- Transversal skills;
- Water quality indicators, assessment and environmental laws;
- Biomonitoring and restoration of stressed water bodies;
- Water treatment technology;
- Applied Computational Techniques in Water Quality Modelling and Prediction;
- Advanced Research Topics;
- Professional Experience;
- Master Dissertation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management View 6 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An official university degree from an institution belonging to the European Higher Education Area. The degree must allow you to apply to masters programmes in the country in which it was issued. If the degree was issued in a language other than English, Spanish, French, Italian, or Portuguese, you must submit a certified translation of the degree in one of the above languages. OR
- A degree from an institution outside the European Higher Education Area. As long as the degree indicates the same level of expertise and training as equivalent degrees issued by Spanish universities, no further administrative steps are required in order for your degree to be recognised by the UGR.
International821 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 821 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA821 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 821 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.