Programs for moderate disabilities include Moderate Disabilities (PreK-8) and Moderate Disabilities (5-12). These programs are designed to prepare students for careers in teaching children with disabilities.
The Special Education (Moderate Disabilities, Pre-K-8) program prepares Fitchburg State University graduates to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the field of special education, including legislation and litigation that has affected the rights of individuals with disabilities
- Demonstrate competence in teaching that leads to success for all students in the least restrictive environment
- Evaluate students to determine their educational needs and to design appropriate programs
- Collaborate with teachers and parents to develop effective teaching strategies that will enhance student’s learning
- Demonstrate sensitivity, understanding and respect for children and adults from diverse cultural, religious, ethnic, and racial backgrounds
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Education: Theory and Practice
- Understanding Disabilities and Diversity
- Language Development, Differences and Disorders
- Assessment/Strategies for Students with Disabilities
- 24 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis. A
- Self-paced, Semi-structured
- Regular optional meetings
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 664 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Official transcript of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Three letters of recommendation
- Professional resume
- Passing scores for the Communication and Literacy subtest of the Massachusetts Test of Educator Licensure (MTEL) or copy of initial teaching license
- Official transcripts of graduate level course work from a regionally accredited institution (if applicable)
- Graduate application and fee
- An essay, no more than one page in length, in response to one of the following questions:
- Tell us about a positive situation in which you helped a person and made a significant difference in that person’s life.
- What are the most important factors in establishing a long-term working relationship with students, friends, etc.?
- Tell us about a significant event that involved you in a teaching or helping mode.
International4008 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2004 USD per semester during 24 months.
National4008 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2004 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Fitchburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.