Programs for moderate disabilities include Moderate Disabilities (PreK-8) and Moderate Disabilities (5-12). These programs are designed to prepare students for careers in teaching children with disabilities.The program prepares graduates to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the field of special education, including legislation and litigation that has affected the rights of individuals with disabilities
- Demonstrate competence in teaching that leads to success for all students in the least restrictive environment
- Evaluate students to determine their educational needs and to design appropriate programs
- Collaborate with teachers and parents to develop effective teaching strategies that will enhance student’s learning
- Demonstrate sensitivity, understanding and respect for children and adults from diverse cultural, religious, ethnic, and racial backgrounds
- Foundations of Education: Theory and Practice
- Understanding Disabilities and Diversity
- Language Development, Differences and Disorders
- Assessment/Strategies for Students with Disabilities
For more information, please visit the program website.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Self-paced, Semi-structured
- Regular optional meetings
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 869 other Masters in Education in United States
General requirementsAdmissions requirements are as follows:
- Official transcript of a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Three letters of recommendation
- Professional resume
- Passing scores for the Communication and Literacy subtest of the Massachusetts Test of Educator Licensure (MTEL) or copy of initial teaching license
- Official transcripts of graduate level course work from a regionally accredited institution (if applicable)
- Graduate application and fee
- An essay
International58 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 58 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
National58 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 58 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!