The Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Illinois at Chicago is based in an earth and environmental science curriculum. Applicants with interdisciplinary natural science backgrounds are also encouraged to apply.
Our students receive broad training in interdisciplinary earth science and, with faculty, conduct research that involves field work around the globe, laboratory investigations on campus and at national facilities, and computational modeling and simulations of big data. We offer three degree programs: Bachelor of Science (BS), Master of Science (MS), and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). A minor in Earth and Environmental Sciences is also available to undergraduate students. As a department, we prioritize supporting diverse identities, creating inclusive environments, and ensuring education and research opportunities are equitable. We invite you to explore our programs and consider the opportunities they provide for future careers.
- Field Experience in Earth Sciences
- Structural Geology and Tectonics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Environmental Sciences View 218 other Masters in Earth Sciences in United States
- Baccalaureate Field - Earth science, environmental science, other natural or physical sciences, or engineering (also applies to those applicants having an MS degree).Students from other areas are also encouraged to apply if their backgrounds indicate a reasonable chance for success in the program.
- Prerequisites - Highly qualified students lacking in one or more of the prerequisites may be considered for admission under “limited standing” with specific additional prescribed courses.
- Baccalaureate degree in Earth and Environmental Sciences, related science or engineering field, or other (in special cases)
- Physics ; alternatively, Physics and Biology
International24738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12369 USD per semester during 24 months.
National24738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12369 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State11870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5935 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.