Founded in 1964, the Department of Chemistry of the University of Illinois at Chicago is an internationally recognized center of excellence both in research and teaching. Our department offers undergraduate Bachelor of Science Degrees in Chemistry and Biochemistry, as well as a Bachelor of Arts option in Chemistry. All of the BS degrees are certified by the American Chemical Society. Our highly active graduate program, which is one of the largest in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, encompasses a broad range of research areas, including the traditional sub-disciplines (Analytical, Bio, Education, Inorganic, Organic, and Physical Chemistry) as well as several new interdisciplinary areas, including chemical biology, nanotechnology, and neurochemistry.
Study and research is available in analytical, biochemistry, educational, inorganic, organic, physical, and theoretical, as well as a number of cross-disciplinary concentrations such as catalyst and battery design, drug discovery, and neuro and nanosciences.
- Chemical Information Systems
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- Instrumental Analysis
- Statistical Thermodynamics
- Biotechnology and Drug Discovery
- Biochemistry Laboratory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry View 594 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
- Baccalaureate Field - Chemistry or biochemistry. Other fields are considered on an individual basis.
- Minimum English Competency Test Score
- Letters of Recommendation Three letters are required.
- Personal Statement
- Nondegree Applicants Nondegree applicants must submit a transcript from their baccalaureate institution and a statement regarding their future plans.
International24738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12369 USD per semester during 24 months.
National24738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12369 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State11870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5935 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.