Facts about this program :
- One important objective of the English Literature and Linguistics masters at University of Granada is to encourage the development of analytical and interdisciplinary approaches to the study of literature, and to foster an appreciation for the linguistic and cultural factors involved in the creation and production of literary texts. Another important aim is to enable the student to fully comprehend trends and movements within the study of the English language and master applied linguistics within the socio-cultural context of Anglophone countries. Moreover, students receive the necessary training to excel as researchers, to work effectively in research groups, and open up new and innovative research topics.
- In order to ensure that students gain valuable work experience, they are given the opportunity to complete one of two different types of internships 1) After observing your internship supervisor teaching their classes, you will design, plan, and teach your own classes to his/her undergraduate students. This option is ideal for those who wish to pursue a career as a university teacher or researcher, or
- 2) Alternatively, you can choose to complete the internship at one of the bilingual primary or secondary schools with which we have established agreements (those who wish to complete this internship must complete the module entitled Bilingualism: Acquisition and Education).
- Upon completion of the programme, our graduates are sufficiently qualified to work in an extensive range of fields and areas. Many choose to pursue a career in teaching (either at primary or secondary level), or to continue with further research by undertaking doctoral studies. The policies adopted recently by public educational institutions in order to promote bilingualism in Andalusia mean that the demand for qualified English teachers and linguists is at an all-time high.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The programme encompasses a broad and varied range of subjects and modules. The following is a brief list of some of the modules which students on our course have the opportunity to study:
- Cultural Materialism in North-American Literature
- Words into Film: The Practice of Adaptation
- Between Analysis and Interpretation: Approaches to English Poetry
- Feminism: Silences and Absences in English Literature
- Women and Literature in Ireland
- Postcolonial Narrative
- The Role of Political Discourse in the Origin and Evolution of the English Novel
- Introduction to Discourse Analysis: The Field of English for Commerce (Import/Export and Marketing)
- Research Methods in Historical Sociolinguistics of the English Language
- Pragmatic Processes in Utterance Interpretation: Metaphor, a Case in Point
- Bilingualism: Acquisition and Education
- Introduction to Research Methods in Linguistics, Applied Linguistics, and Literature
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An official university degree from an institution belonging to the European Higher Education Area. The degree must allow you to apply to masters programmes in the country in which it was issued. If the degree was issued in a language other than English, Spanish, French, Italian, or Portuguese, you must submit a certified translation of the degree in one of the above languages. OR
- A degree from an institution outside the European Higher Education Area. As long as the degree indicates the same level of expertise and training as equivalent degrees issued by Spanish universities, no further administrative steps are required in order for your degree to be recognised by the UGR.
International821 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 821 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA821 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 821 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.