The Master of Arts in Economics and Decision Sciences at Western Illinois University is an extremely flexible degree with which graduates find employment in all sectors of the economy. A number of graduates have gone on to doctoral programs in Economics and other disciplines.
The department is large enough to offer a wide selection of courses but small enough to provide individual attention. The department has alumni from over 70 countries, providing an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to other cultures. Emphases are various, depending upon the individual's career goals.Western also offers an integrated bachelor’s/master’s program for students currently enrolled in the undergraduate program at Western.
Why Choose Economics at WIU?
- Degree program can be completed in one calendar year or less.
- Large enough to offer a wide variety of courses and small enough to provide individual attention.
- All graduate courses taught by faculty holding the Ph.D in Economics.
- Faculty members who are genuinely interested in students' intellectual development.
- Advising tailored to students' personal needs and educational goals.
- Opportunities for interacting with students from other cultures and countries.
- Opportunities for students to present their research at department seminars.
- Academic credit for internships and assistance in locating internships.
- Career development and employment information provided regularly.
- Success in preparing students for admission to top quality Ph.D. programs
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Economics for Decision-Makers
- Macroeconomic Theory and Policy
- Advanced Mathematical Economics
- Macroeconomic and Growth Theory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Business Intelligence & Analytics View 434 other Masters in Economics in United States
- Applicants for admission to the School of Graduate Studies must hold a bachelor's degree from an institution that is accredited by the appropriate U.S. Department of Education regional institutional accrediting agency.
- Applicants usually apply for admission to a degree program simultaneously with admission to the School of Graduate Studies.
- If the applicant meets the minimum admission requirements of the School of Graduate Studies, a copy of the application materials is forwarded to the program of interest for consideration.
International13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13830 USD per year during 12 months.
National13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13830 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Moline
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.