The curriculum seeks to further develop teaching competency and artistic practice among teachers in Arts disciplines in our schools.The Arts Education offered by Fitchburg State University core requirements, which are shared by all students in the program regardless of discipline, have an emphasis on arts pedagogy, and enhance an understanding of best teaching practices in any arts classroom. The distribution coursework, however, is flexible and should be customized to suit your own teaching and artistic emphasis; these courses are selected to deepen content knowledge and engagement with creative practice in Art or Music.
The M.Ed. in Arts Education offers art and music teachers graduate experiences creating in their own art and deepens their understanding of pedagogical best practices.
The MEd in Arts Education, Art Concentration will assist practicing art educators to develop advanced skills in teaching and pedagogical practice, and will enhance their artistic expertise across a range of art media. While non-licensure, the program is designed to support teachers who hold an initial license in their individual applications for professional licensure through DESE, and all of our recent graduates who have sought professional licensure have met with success. For teachers already holding professional licensure, the program can assist them in other aspects of career advancement, such as becoming lead teachers, mentors, or curriculum specialists in their schools.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Supervising, Directing, and Leading in Arts Education
- Foundations of Creative Arts Integration Research
- Creative Arts Curriculum Development and Applications
- Arts Presentation
- Capstone: Implementation of Best Practices
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis.
- Self-paced, Semi-structured
- Regular optional meetings, Regular mandatory meetings
DisciplinesEducation Art History View 3553 other Masters in Education in United States
- An official transcript of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution preferably with (but not limited to) a major or minor in an arts area such as visual arts or music
- A personal statement outlining the student’s rationale for entering the program
- Three letters of recommendation
- Professional resume
- Official transcripts of graduate level course work from a regionally accredited institution (if applicable)
- Graduate application and fee
International319 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 319 USD per credit during 24 months.
National319 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 319 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State334 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 334 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Fitchburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.