As a student in the Conservation Biology master's program, you'll work alongside faculty to conduct research in state-of-the-art facilities such as the brand new Biosciences Building, the CMU Biological Station on Beaver Island, and more.
All applicants to the MS Conservation Biology program at the Central Michigan University are encouraged to apply for a teaching assistantship, which are awarded on a competitive basis.
- Students should discuss the possibility of a research assistantship with their advisor when applying to the biology graduate program, as a limited number of research assistantships are available.
- Research facilities include our new Biosciences Building, our state-of-the-art Imaging Facility, Vivarium, and the CMU Herbarium; the CMU Biological Station at Beaver Island in Lake Michigan, and Neithercut Woodlands, 30 minutes north of Mount Pleasant.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Most students follow a thesis option for the Biology M.S., which requires coursework approved by the student's Graduate Committee and the completion and write-up of a major research project.
- Some students follow a non-thesis option, based mostly on coursework, with a minor research or independent study report. Students in the Conservation concentration are also required to take BIO 650 (Population Ecology) and BIO 680 (Conservation Biology) as part of their coursework.
- Students are assessed on their thesis seminar, oral defense, and written report. The specific learning outcomes are available from the Biology office.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biodiversity & Conservation View 68 other Masters in Biodiversity & Conservation in United States
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent;
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 overall and in biological science major;
- Three letters of recommendation from professional references;
- Commitment of a faculty advisor
International850 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 850 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National850 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 850 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State637 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 637 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.