The MSc Forensic Psychology from UCLan Cyprus is built around the fundamental theoretical, methodological and applied areas of Forensic Psychology.
In terms of the programme philosophy, the MSc Forensic Psychology reflects the academic skills underpinning the application of psychology to a forensic setting. It provides a strong emphasis on the application of Forensic Psychology in professional practice and how theoretical concepts are applied.
Furthermore, the programme attends to victims and offenders. With regard to the latter, it follows the progression of an offender from their first contact with the criminal justice system until their eventual release into the community and/or transfer to conditions of less security. Attention is given to the victim and pre-trial issues (including civil justice). The role of on-going assessment, intervention and through-care are emphasised throughout the curriculum.
The course covers a range of forensic psychology topics and allows candidates to strengthen the knowledge and skills that are essential for becoming Certified Forensic Psychologists. The course has been specifically designed to reflect the academic skills required to apply psychology to a forensic setting, including universities, prisons, secure hospitals, probation, police services and the courts.
It provides graduates with the necessary skills and knowledge to pursue careers within the general context of the Criminal Justice System. Students who complete the practical experience module (1000 hours of supervised training) will be able to become registered Forensic Psychologists and practise the profession in Cyprus.
- Advanced Methods in Psychology
- Advanced Forensic Psychology Project
- Psychology and the Legal System
- Personal Attributes of Offenders and Victims
- Professional Practice: Forensic Consultancy and Supervision
- Forensic Risk Assessment
- Psychology, Investigation and the Courtroom
- Violent and Sexual Offenders: Intervention
- Forensic Mental Health
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Forensic Science Cognitive Sciences View 13 other Masters in Psychology in Cyprus
- Complete the University of Central Lancashire application form
- Provide copies of your High School leaving certificate and other supporting documents (in native language & in English).
- Bachelor’s degree & transcripts
- School leaving certificate & mark sheet
- English language qualification
- Personal statement
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Two reference letters
- ID card or passport copy
- Payment of €50 application fee (non-refundable) for the Admissions Department to evaluate your application.
- Once you meet all the conditions, you can proceed to the completion of the deposit/registration fee and student pass payment of €1260
International5666 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEA5666 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
Living costs for Larnaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.