The aim of the MA in Chinese programme at City University of Hong Kong is:
- To broaden students' vision on the impact and significance of Chinese culture on Chinese for academic and professional purposes;
- To familiarize students with the literary tradition of China and its applications in modern society;
- To enable students to utilise the in-depth knowledge of Chinese language and literature acquired from the courses for educational purposes and prepares them to use Putonghua for teaching Chinese subjects;
- To meet the increasing demand for more advanced competency in Chinese for professional writing in both the public and private sectors in Hong Kong.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Topics in Classical Chinese Literature
- Topics in Chinese Ancient Classics
- Topics in Modern and Contemporary Chinese Literature
- Topics in History of Chinese Literary Criticism
- Topics in Classical Chinese Philology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications are processed on a rolling basis. Review of applications will start before the deadline and continue until all places are filled.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 19 other Masters in Languages in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- hold a degree from one of the tertiary educational institutions of Hong Kong funded by the University Grants Committee; or
- hold a degree of a level equivalent to (a) above from a local or non-local institution recognized for this purpose by the University; or
- have satisfied the academic requirements for corporate membership of a professional institution recognized for this purpose by the University; or
- have obtained an equivalent qualification, or provided evidence of academic and professional attainments, acceptable for this purpose to the university.
International669 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 669 USD per credit during 12 months.
National669 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 669 USD per credit during 12 months.
- HK$5,200 per credit
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.