Students in the Mathematics (Non-Thesis) program at Western Washington University are prepared to continue to further graduate studies or for professional employment in industry or in college teaching. The focus is on providing a strong and broad analytical foundation, together with sufficient flexibility to pursue particular interests and areas of application in greater depth.
The program prepares students for:
- Continuing further graduate studies, or
- Professional employment in industry, or
- College teaching.
- Advanced Calculus of Several Variables
- Topics in Analysis
- Real Analysis
- Functional Analysis
- Analysis of Partial Differential Equations
- Topics in Complex Analysis
- Differential Geometry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics View 983 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Western Washington University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- To be eligible for admission to the MS program in mathematics, a student should have completed at least the following courses or the equivalent with grades of B or better: Math 224, 304, 312, 331, CS 141 or Math 307, and two math courses at the 400 level.
- A student who has not completed all of these courses but who can demonstrate strong promise of the ability to succeed in the program may be admitted with special stipulations. In such cases, the graduate advisor will, in consultation with the student, specify the conditions to be satisfied by the student in order to fully qualify for the program.
International23432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23432 USD per year during 24 months.
National22927 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22927 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State10680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10680 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bellingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.