At Infections, Immunology, Virology and Parasitology from University of Nottingham is bespoke at the University of Nottingham we’re committed to supporting our students’ wellbeing to ensure that your experience studying with us is the best it can be. Whether you’re studying silk-weaving spiders or looking for new ways to fight infection, we want all of our students to feel part of our vibrant and diverse research community.
Graduates with Infections, Immunology, Virology and Parasitology from University of Nottingham will conduct research in the following fields:
- Development of novel antifungals, the genetic basis of resistance to antifungal drugs and fungal infection biology
- Discovery of the interactions between bacterial and viral pathogens and their human hosts, as well as developing immunities to bacterial and viral pathogens
- Serological analysis for the Oxford vaccine trial, using UoN-developed assays, during the recent pandemic
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Some of the research areas in Immunology that are explored in the school include:
- Signal transduction in myeloid cells
- Flow cytometry
- Lung Inflammation and disease biomarkers
- Immune instructive materials
- Myeloid cell biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
International students should apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesBiology Public Health Health Sciences View 346 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
- Undergraduate degree of at least 2:2 or equivalent.
- British Honours degree of at least 2:2 or equivalent.
- We accept a wide range of qualifications from all over the world.
- A research proposal is required. This should be worked on with your proposed supervisor.
- You should have 2 references with at least one of them being an academic reference.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
International fees are charged as follows: low-cost research – £20,000, laboratory-based research – £26,500, high cost labortory-based research – £31,500, exceptional technically-intensive/specialised research projects with high consumable costs – £36,000.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.