Students in the Educational Research, Measurement and Evaluation program at University of North Carolina Greensboro receive comprehensive training through a core set of required courses, as well as hands-on, practical experience obtained through field experiences, practicums, and internships coordinated and supported by ERM’s Office of Assessment, Evaluation, and Research Services (OAERS). `
Students are able to tailor portions of the curriculum to meet their professional and academic goals through elective courses that allow students to gain a concentration in a particular methodological area of interest, such as program evaluation, educational measurement and assessment, or statistical modeling.
The M.S. program offers the requisite training for a career providing methodological support to organizations involved in research, program evaluation, and assessment. Students completing the M.S. program have a range of career options in the areas of research study design, data collection and analysis, program evaluation, and assessment. Students graduating from the M.S. program are employed in a variety of professional settings, including state boards of education, assessment and testing organizations, organizations conducting research, organizations conducting program evaluations, school districts, and other organizations that make data-driven decisions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Validity and Validation
- Methods of Educational Research
- Evaluation of Educational Programs
- Foundations of Qualitative Research Methods
- Foundations of Educational Measurement Theory
- Intermediate Statistical Methods in Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- International applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application early, at least 30 days prior to the posted departmental deadline.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research View 3966 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or appropriately-evaluated credentials for non-U.S. schools.
- Satisfactory academic standing as an undergraduate or in a post-baccalaureate program: “B” (3.0 GPA) average or better.
- Approval of the academic department in which the graduate student will major. (Assumes an undergraduate major appropriate to the proposed graduate study.)
- Satisfactory scores on the Graduate Record Examination
International17358 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1052 USD per credit during 24 months.
National17358 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1052 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State4768 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 289 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Greensboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.