Every other year two MFA Directing candidates at University of North Carolina Greensboro will be chosen to join a company of eight MFA Actors, six MFA Designers, and two MFA Theatre for Youth candidates. MFA Directing students must complete a 60-hour course load combining the historical-theoretical- literary areas of directing with the practicalities of production.
About the MFA Directing
Directing students direct a production in each of their four semesters, and they serve as assistant director on at least one production at Triad Stage, an Equity theatre in downtown Greensboro. While at UNCG, student directors will have multiple opportunities to work closely with professional directors, designers, and actors at Triad Stage. The Artistic Director of Triad Stage, Preston Lane, is a principal instructor in the MFA Directing Program.
- Acting Seminar
- Applied Play Directing
- Advanced Play Directing
- Directing Period Plays
- Directing Seminar
- Collaboration in Theatrical Production
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- International applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application early, at least 30 days prior to the posted departmental deadline.
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 320 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or appropriately-evaluated credentials for non-U.S. schools.
- Satisfactory academic standing as an undergraduate or in a post-baccalaureate program: “B” (3.0 GPA) average or better.
- Approval of the academic department in which the graduate student will major. (Assumes an undergraduate major appropriate to the proposed graduate study.)
- Satisfactory scores on the Graduate Record Examination
International21040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1052 USD per credit during 36 months.
National21040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1052 USD per credit during 36 months.
In-State5780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 289 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Greensboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.