Every other year two MFA Directing candidates at University of North Carolina Greensboro will be chosen to join a company of eight MFA Actors, six MFA Designers, and two MFA Theatre for Youth candidates. MFA Directing students must complete a 60-hour course load combining the historical-theoretical- literary areas of directing with the practicalities of production.
About the MFA Directing
Directing students direct a production in each of their four semesters, and they serve as assistant director on at least one production at Triad Stage, an Equity theatre in downtown Greensboro. While at UNCG, student directors will have multiple opportunities to work closely with professional directors, designers, and actors at Triad Stage. The Artistic Director of Triad Stage, Preston Lane, is a principal instructor in the MFA Directing Program.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Acting Seminar
- Applied Play Directing
- Advanced Play Directing
- Directing Period Plays
- Directing Seminar
- Collaboration in Theatrical Production
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
International applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application one month prior to the posted departmental deadline.
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 278 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or appropriately-evaluated credentials for non-U.S. schools.
- Satisfactory academic standing as an undergraduate or in a post-baccalaureate program: “B” (3.0 GPA) average or better.
- Approval of the academic department in which the graduate student will major. (Assumes an undergraduate major appropriate to the proposed graduate study.)
- Satisfactory scores on the Graduate Record Examination
International1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1715 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1715 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State653 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 653 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.