The programmes are flexible in nature and allow students to take some additional accredited taught credits, in consultation with their supervisor. Research projects in ecology are offered in a range of animal, plant and microbial topics including:
- competition and coexistence in animal communities and the evolution of host-parasite interactions
- the evolution of insect pollinator systems
- life history strategies and trade-offs
- processes in plant communities eg nutrient cycling and herbivory
- the ecology of the lichen symbiosis and lichen-dominated ecosystems, and lichen population biology
- study and social space
- networked computers
- a bookable seminar room
- kitchen facilities
- a programme of social events
More informationVisit official programme website
For more information, please visit the university website.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Although most postgraduate courses do not formally close for applications, places are limited and courses may become full.
DisciplinesEcology View 58 other Masters in Ecology in United Kingdom
2:2 (or international equivalent) in a relevant subject
EU/EEA10305 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10305 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.