This Counseling - School Counseling prepares University of North Carolina Greensboro students to understand, conceptualize, assess, and support K-12 students’ academic, career, and personal/social development and to serve as a leader in supporting K-12 schools, students, and families.
Students in the School Counseling track have multiple opportunities to build counseling and leadership skills. Beginning in their first semester, students complete a practicum in a local school to observe the multiple roles and responsibilities of a school counselor. Specific skills training occurs in core classes, in an advanced practicum in the Nicholas A. Vacc Counseling and Consulting Clinic, and in a 600-hour internship in a local school that matches the student’s desired specialty area (elementary, middle, or high).
- Working as a school counselor in an elementary, middle, or high school
- Working with children in non-traditional educational or residential settings
- Working on a college or university campus in recruitment or advising offices
- Working in a district central office doing school counseling administration
- Working in a community agency (with completed coursework towards licensure)
- Working in crisis centers, alternative schools, or group homes
- Exceptional Individuals
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Foundations of School Counseling
- Practicum in Counseling
- School Certification
- Advanced Counseling Practicum
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology School Counselling View 565 other Masters in School Counselling in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or appropriately-evaluated credentials for non-U.S. schools.
- Satisfactory academic standing as an undergraduate or in a post-baccalaureate program: “B” (3.0 GPA) average or better.
- Approval of the academic department in which the graduate student will major. (Assumes an undergraduate major appropriate to the proposed graduate study.)
- Satisfactory scores on the Graduate Record Examination
International15780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1052 USD per credit during 24 months.
National15780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1052 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State4335 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 289 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Greensboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.