This Counseling, Concentration in Clinical Mental Health Counseling prepares University of North Carolina Greensboro students to conceptualize, assess, diagnose, and treat individuals, groups, and families in inpatient, outpatient, in-home care, and private practice settings.
- Working in counseling agencies with diverse client populations
- Providing in-home counseling to children, adolescents, and families
- Providing inpatient and outpatient counseling services
- Working in hospital settings working with clients who have chronic illness
- Working with clients in various settings related to grief or death and dying
- Consulting with schools regarding youth behavioral problems
- Working in crisis centers, alternative schools, or group homes
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Counselor As Scientist-Practitioner
- Developmental Counseling
- Counseling Diverse Populations
- Helping Relationships
- Counseling Theories and Practice
- Group Counseling Theory and Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
International applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application one month prior to the posted departmental deadline.
DisciplinesCounselling Clinical Psychology View 878 other Masters in Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or appropriately-evaluated credentials for non-U.S. schools.
- Satisfactory academic standing as an undergraduate or in a post-baccalaureate program: “B” (3.0 GPA) average or better.
- Approval of the academic department in which the graduate student will major. (Assumes an undergraduate major appropriate to the proposed graduate study.)
- Satisfactory scores on the Graduate Record Examination
International1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1715 USD per credit during 24 months.
National1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1715 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State653 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 653 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Greensboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.